Head of Science
Norfolk Academies Pay Scale
T1 £24,131 to T9 £40,491 plus TLR1B £9,931
With effect from September 2020, we are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Head of Science to join a successful and progressive department.
A Chemistry specialist is preferable but other Science specialisms will be considered. The idea candidate will:
- Have a strong academic background;
- Have the ability to teach teach GCSE Biology, Chemistry and Physics, A Level Chemistry and Biology;
- Combine subject matter expertise with a passion for teaching Science;
- Have the commitment, experience and skills to lead a successful department and to be committed to securing their continued development;
- Support the Academy practices that drive progress;
- Promote our Academy values of producing aspirational, happy and successful students.
Attleborough Academy Norfolk is a popular, 11 to 18 Academy which is continually developing to meet the demands of providing the highest quality education for all students.
We are an inclusive, friendly and effective learning community with high aspirations and a reputation for innovation. Excellent relationships between students and staff are at the heart of the ethos of the Academy and are often commented on by those who visit the Academy. The Academy is a hardworking and caring community of people with high standards and high expectations. Our core values are Commitment, Acknowledgement, Respect and Excellence (CARE). CARE therefore has a genuine meaning within our Academy as we want the Academy to be a place where these values are seen in all aspects of our work together.
We are proud to be part of the Transforming Education in Norfolk (TEN) Group who are committed to excellence for the education of all children in Norfolk. Please visit www. tengroup.org.uk.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview during the week Monday 10 February 2020. The post will be offered subject to enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Monday 3 February 2020 (by midday)
Attleborough Academy Norfolk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.